What's New > Event Safety Alliance Launches Online Version of Event Safety Access Training
June 1, 2017
Registration for ESA's core safety skills training for live event professionals is now open at http://eventsafetyaccess.com.
May 24, 2017 (Scottsdale, AZ) - Event Safety Alliance announces the long-awaited release of an online version of Event Safety Access Training (ESAT), ESA's entry-level safety awareness training program and competency credential created specifically for those working in an event environment.
Safety skills credentials such as the United Kingdom’s “Safety Passport” are rapidly becoming a requirement for event workers around the globe. In some countries workers may be restricted from performing their duties without such a credential, and event leaders are being held accountable for demonstrating compliance with safety-related training for all those in their duty of care. While there is currently no equivalent regulation in the United States, it is becoming increasingly clear that the insurance industry and governments alike support such a program to aid in verifying the professionalism of individuals and organizations. By providing standardized core safety training, ESAT helps improve the way our industry does business and demonstrates an individual's or employer’s commitment to safe work practices
Why choose ESAT to fulfill your core safety training needs?
Event Safety Access Training is rooted in three fundamental principles:
- Every event professional should have verifiable safety training. Insurers and local authorities agree that safety training is a must. ESAT is divided into eight chapters that address health and safety concepts, roles and responsibilities on the job site, OSHA regulations, PPE, typical event-related hazards and controls, and issues related to crowds, violence, and severe weather.
- Training must be relevant to those who will receive it, vetted by subject matter experts, and delivered in a clear and engaging style. ESAT was designed in partnership with the training experts at DC3 Education, a learning company designed by Full Sail University that offers engaging, high-quality courses in media, entertainment, and technology education. ESAT’s text and video content was created and edited by ESA’s global experts in the many fields that must coordinate to safely create live events.
- Training must take place when and where staff can receive it. ESAT is an interactive online training program that can be completed as the student’s schedule allows (up to 30 days). Necessary take-aways are reinforced with quizzes, and there is a comprehensive exam after the last chapter to ensure that the worker understands what they have been taught.
ESAT is a convenient online alternative to in-person safety training that covers material that you and those in your legal duty of care need to know. Event Safety Access Training is designed to:
- Heighten individual awareness that safety is a priority and collaborative endeavor;
- Begin the cultural change in the way event professionals currently regard safety;
- Instill important concepts for individuals to consider while on the job;
- Provide a verifiable means for demonstrating safety competency;
- Empower individuals with the knowledge that safety is in everyone’s interest and within everyone’s personal responsibility; and
- Educate individuals to successfully address safety concerns in the challenging circumstances presented by live event productions.
Registration for Event Safety Access Training is $180 for ESA Members and $225 for Non-Members. Those completing the course will receive a wallet-sized card demonstrating their commitment to safety through the ESAT program and will be registered in the Event Safety Alliance database of safety-committed professionals.
For additional details and registration, please visit http://eventsafetyaccess.com.
About Event Safety Alliance:
Event Safety Alliance (ESA) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit trade organization dedicated to promoting and supporting “life safety first” during all phases of live event production. Through the dissemination of preparedness information, the development of planning & training resources, and the creation of software safety resources, the Event Safety Alliance strives to eliminate knowledge and awareness barriers that often contribute to unsafe conditions and behaviors. For additional information, visit http://eventsafetyalliance.org.
About DC3 Education:
Designed by Full Sail University, DC3 Education is a learning provider offering high-quality self paced online programs for both personal and professional growth. From learning basic concepts to mastering skills, DC3 delivers interactive programs for professionals, career seekers, knowledge enthusiasts, and industry partners in media entertainment, and technology. For additional information, please visit http://dc3education.com.
GO TO ALL NEWS →
GO TO RECENT FORUM POSTINGS →
GO TO RESOURCE HUB →