posted on 11:03 AM, May 29, 2018
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available at http://estalink.us/80ppx
News items in this issue include:
- UL issues 10th edition of UL 924 Emergency Lighting and Power Equipment
- #SaveStageLighting lobbying successful; Relent
- ESTA Plugfest 20-23 July 2018
- Proposals for NFPA 705 due by 6 January 2021
- WTO TBTs: amusement devices and fire code in Virginia, adventure tourism in Mexico, LED lighting strings in Korea, fall protection in Japan, e-cigs in the UAE
- ANSI Public Reviews: gear drives, dropped object prevention, industrial cabling, measuring sound, risk management guidelines, metal shelving, safety of lab and control electrical equipment, industrial control panels, safety of drones, emergency management, local and metropolitan area networks, high data-rate wireless, SAR measurements, oodles of IEEE standards to be withdrawn due to inaction
- BSI Public Reviews: office furniture, travel adapters, designing buildings for safe working at height
- CSA Public Reviews: gas camp heaters and stoves, USB power supplies
- DIN Public Review: digital conversion of film and magnetic media
- New ANS Projects, including three new ESTA projects
- Final Actions on ANSs: occupational health and safety management, reliability, riser cables, Ethernet PoDL, RV generators, e-cigs, emergency lighting systems
- Draft IEC & ISO Documents: rotating electrical machinery, DALI, earthing, low voltage controlgear, laser retina projection devices, IoT, electrical equipment marking, generic cabling
- Recently Published IEC & ISO Documents: recognition of odors, managing educational organizations, energy performance of lamp control gear, JPEG 2000, and more
- TSP Meeting Schedule with one meeting gone and another added.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program. Thank you!
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available at http://estalink.us/nn7a1.