April 30, 2021
The latest issue of ESTA Standards Watch is now available here.
News items in this issue include:
- Four ESTA standards in public review.
- Comments solicited on TIAs for the NEC about dimmer and relay racks.
- New Fog & Smoke project.
- ANSI seeks comments on proposed ISO online game terminology standard.
- WTO Technical Barriers to Trade: hazardous substances in Thailand; short-range radio for drones in Thailand; “clean miles” in California; no styrofoam for Oregon school lunches; and pesticides in Ecuador.
- ANSI public reviews: HVAC for indoor plants without sunlight; quality management for elections; brazing fluxes; IES on IoT lighting; protecting IP in the supply chain; standard for log structures; “Edge Standard”; light-water reactor design; overhead electric wire rope hoists; Internet of media things; and C++.
- CSA public reviews: AV equipment safety; and evaluating software and cybersecurity programs.
- New ANS projects: wood construction; skylights; fire performance of industrial fluids; early warning flood sensor systems; interfaces for drone payloads; BeiDou control for drones; resilient lighting; discomfort glare; wiring devices dimensional requirements; NFPA standard for grandstands and telescopic seating; ICC standard for grandstands and telescopic seating; NFPA standard for smoke & heat venting; NFPA manufactured housing installation; NFPA fire safety for manufactured home installations, sites, and communities; code for protection of cultural resources; and an NFPA standard for smoke control systems.
- Final actions on American National Standards: household dry-cleaning robots; building exterior fire protection; alternative approaches to life safety; emergency & standby power systems; fire safety for kennels & stables; protection of records, construction & demolition safeguarding; hazardous materials code; building and using digital information; fireworks manufacture and storage; model rocket motors; overcurrent protectors; electric vehicle batteries; office furnishings safety; and UL standard for automated mobile platforms.
- Draft IEC & ISO documents: generic graphic symbols; cloud computing data sharing; automation markup language; knowledge management; pandemic response; conformity assessment; adventure tourism words; artificial intelligence; and enterprise protective security architecture.
- Recently published IEC & ISO documents: 8-way data connectors; cable management conduit systems; AV equipment power consumption; compliance management; generic cabling; eight standards for storage management; and small craft lithium-ion batteries.
- TSP meeting schedule.
- TSP donors who have made long-term, multi-year pledges.
- Investors in Innovation, supporters of ESTA's Technical Standards Program
The archive of all the Standards News and Standards Watch issues back to the beginning of 2011 is available here.