This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Production
The Arts Club is currently accepting applications for the position of Temporary Part-Time Regular Wardrobe Maintenance. This is a union position, IATSE 118. Hours of employment may vary and will be dependent on the specific demands of our respective productions and their schedules. Hours will at times be odd, with work on early mornings, weekends, and often for 6 days a week. The Wardrobe Maintenance will work under the supervision of the Head of Costumes.
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to:
• Good knowledge of repairing and cleaning techniques
• Proven skills as a qualified seamstress in a professional setting
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• To care and maintain all costumes, shoes, undergarments, hats and costume related personal props such as gloves, jewelry, fans etc.
• To clean all show garments on a regular scheduled basis.
• To ensure that all costumes are properly pressed or steamed prior to each performance.
• To assist the Head of Costumes with inventory and inspection of all costumes and costume repairs.
• To label, hang, and store costume pieces.
• To assist with costume rentals.
• To occasionally pickup and drop off the costume pieces at the theatres.
Preference will be given to the following:
•Knowledge of wig maintenance
•Prior theatre / costume experience
•Valid B.C. Driver’s License
The Wardrobe Maintenance will be self-motivated, ability to work independently and possess good organizational and time management skills.
We thank all who express interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: as per the collective agreement
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes to;
Ms. Teddy Forsyth
Manager of Administration
1585 Johnston Street
Fax (604) 688-3273
Located on the Scenic Granville Island in Vancouver, BC, and in its 49th season, the Arts Club Theatre Company is one of Canada’s most successful professional theatre companies. This non-profit, charitable organization presents a fifteen play season in three theatres: the Granville Island Stage and Revue Stage on Granville Island and the restored Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage on Granville at West 12th. The Arts Club Theatre Company also has an extensive provincial touring programme.