This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Production
The Arts Club Theatre is currently accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Regular Wardrobe Maintenance under an IATSE 118 agreement. Hours of employment may vary and will be dependent on the specific demands of our respective productions and their schedules. Hours will include early mornings, some time on weekends, and often this position will be scheduled to work 6 days a week. The Wardrobe Maintenance will work under the supervision of the Head of Costumes.
Specific skills will include, but not be limited to:
• Good knowledge of repairing and cleaning techniques
• Proven skills as a qualified seamstress in a professional setting
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• To care and maintain all costumes, shoes, undergarments, hats and costume related personal props such as gloves, jewelry, fans etc.
• To clean all show garments on a regular scheduled basis.
• To ensure that all costumes are properly pressed or steamed prior to each performance.
• To assist the Head of Costumes with inventory and inspection of all costumes and costume repairs.
• To label, hang, and store costume pieces.
• To assist with costume rentals.
• To occasionally pickup and drop off the costume pieces at the theatres.
Preference will be given to the following:
•Knowledge of wig maintenance
•Prior theatre / costume experience
•Valid B.C. Driver’s License
The Wardrobe Maintenance will be self-motivated, ability to work independently and possess good organizational and time management skills.
Salary: as per the collective agreement
MsTeddy Forsyth, Manager of Administration
1585 Johnston Street
The Arts Club Theatre Company is in its 49th season and operates 3 theatres, producing a season of 15 plays and musicals, plus a series of three local run out/tour productions.
The fully equipped Production Facility is located on Granville Island and is operating under an I.A.T.S.E. Collective Agreement.