This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Production
Reporting directly to the Production Manager the Wardrobe Coordinator will be expected to facilitate and manage the costume realization process for all produced shows: from preliminary and final designs through pre-production through to opening and closing wrap-up. The Wardrobe Coordinator will also be expected to, in conjunction with the Production Manager, help create and manage all Wardrobe Department budget lines. While under contract the day to day duties will include, but won’t be limited to working with designers, liaising with relevant departments to ensure communication of wardrobe and production needs, sourcing materials, overseeing and coordinating operations of the wardrobe, its equipment, supplies and inventory.
The successful candidate should be able to work independently under pressure as well as having the ability to work collaboratively and lead in a team environment.
• Strong experience in wardrobe in a professional performing arts organization.
• Experience and ability to perform major and substantial alterations.
• A broad range of experience and knowledge in all aspects of theatrical costume production techniques
• Knowledge and experience in machine and hand sewing techniques
• Knowledge of domestic and industrial sewing machines
• Must have strong time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Proficient computer knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and internet research
• A valid driver’s licence
• Demonstrated skill and experience in the following will be an asset: Cutting, Pattern making
This is a Seasonal Contract position scheduled to begin July 20, 2015.
Alex Currie – Production Manager
1291 Gladstone Avenue
As a professional adult theatre company, we are dedicated to producing contemporary plays, with an emphasis on Canadian work, and to promoting artistic, cultural, and educational events in the Greater Victoria Region.
In the past 30 years the Belfry has produced 230 plays, including 158 Canadian plays, and more than 33 premieres. Many of those premiere productions have gone on to acclaim across Canada, in the U.S., Australia, Europe and London’s West End. Belfry productions regularly tour to other cities and have won awards in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
The Belfry produces up to 12 plays per year: one or two summer productions, a four play Mainstage series, and SPARK, our mid-winter festival of innovative and alternative work from across Canada.
The Belfry’s mission is to produce theatre that generates ideas and dialogue, and that makes the audience see the world a little differently.