This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for Wardrobe Assistants for our 2017 production. The approximate dates of the contract would be from May 1 – July 30, 2017. Specific dates have not yet been confirmed and will be worked out with the successful candidate and the rest of the team. Wardrobe Assistants work under the direction of the Head of Wardrobe and Costume Designer.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Experience that would prove an asset to the position include:
• Cutter, stitcher and dresser as required.
• Hand-sewing and millinery
• Dying and painting and craftwork as required.
• Cobbling and shoe repairs which includes sewing and gluing.
• Costume assembly from general stock.
• Fittings and design on the fly fittings
• Costume Maintenance
• Costume pulling
• Laundering and prep for storage as required.
• Alterations and repairs on stock costumes as required.
• Show Dresser during the production.
• Pre-setting costumes before each show
• Assisting quick changes for actors as needed
• Assist with show laundry as required.
Please take a moment to visit our website www.canadianpassionplay.com and submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations.
Vance Neudorf – Executive Director
1 403 823-2001 ext. 226
Going into its 24th Season, The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. The company is a unique combination of primarily volunteer performers with professional mentors and crew. The company mandate is to annually depict the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is performed on Canada’s largest outdoor stage, built into the hills of the Drumheller badlands in front of a 2700 seat outdoor amphitheatre.