This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
1) In the absence of the Technical Director liaise with clients, presenters or artists to determine technical requirements. Ensure that information is shared among staff as may be required.
2) Prepare for, set-up, manage and operate presentations as may be required.
3) Facilitate the effective use of theatre’s technical systems to maximize the quality of any presentation with an emphasis on ETC Gio Programming and operation.
4) Maintain and operate lighting, and other theatrical equipment as may be required.
5) Supervise casual stagehands.
6) Ensure that all production related paperwork is completed in a timely fashion including show reports, time sheets etc.
7) Maintain the stage, shop and related areas in clean and safe condition.
8) In consultation with the Technical Director plan and execute equipment and systems maintenance. Advise the Technical Director on Capital or Major Maintenance requirements.
9) Foresee and avert potentially dangerous situations.
10) All Yukon Arts Centre employees shall be aware of and respect the Health and Safety regulations published by the Yukon Workers’ Compensation Health and Safety Board.
11) Support the coordination, training and organizing of technical volunteers.
a) Graduation from a recognized theatre technical programme (college or university) or equivalent experience.
b) Knowledge of ETC Gio Programming and operation
c) Knowledge of sound, lighting and rigging for the theatre.
d) Knowledge of theatre production protocols
e) Basic carpentry and electrical training
a) Lighting design and operation
b) Basic sound operation
c) Basic operation and management of stage elements
d) Basic scenic shop skills
e) Good time management and the ability to schedule others
f) Supervision of stage crew
g) Production planning and scheduling
h) Effective verbal and written communication
i) Self motivating and able to inspire others
j) Ability to work well with other technical staff and Yukon Arts Centre Staff
k) Ability to share knowledge, teach and in turn learn
l) Ability to work efficiently under stress and maintain a good sense of humour
m) Ability to adapt to a variety of client or artist demands
n) Ability to analyse technical problems and offer effective solutions
o) Ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
p) Ability to work effectively with non-professional volunteers
This is a temporary position With a flexible start and End date. The ideal term would be September - May
The position is offered as an acting position. This position is a Temporary Technician position created to cover staffing position on Maternity leave.
This is a full time Public Service Alliance of Canada position as per the collective agreement under Venue Technician.
Rate of Pay- $22.24- $24.11 per hour
Benefits- Additional $0.71 an hour in lieu of benefits
Moving Expenses- Assistance with moving expenses available.
Salary: The position is offered as an acting position. This position is a Temporary Technician position created to cover staffing position on Maternity leave. This is a full time Public Service Alliance of Canada position as per the collective agreement under Venue Technician. Rate of Pay- $22.24- $24.11 per hour Benefits- Additional $0.71 an hour in lieu of benefits Moving Expenses- Assistance with moving expenses available.
Please provide a cover letter with a detailed resume with related experiences to
Technical Director / Production Manager