This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Artistic Director and the General Manager, the Front of House and Tour Manager takes a leadership role in the coordination and execution of Driftwood Theatre’s Bard’s Bus Tour – a four week tour of “Theatre Under The Stars” across Ontario, reaching over 5000 audience members in more than 25 communities.
The Front of House and Tour Manager coordinates the travel, sleeping and eating arrangements for the company members while on tour, and managers all audience services, ensuring a safe, timely and enjoyable theatrical experience for Driftwood’s audience, donors, volunteers and partners.
This is a part-time to full-time seasonal position – from June 26, 2017 to August 31, 2017. The Front of House and Tour Manager is expected to travel with the company throughout the summer tour (July 15 - August 13)
Duties and Responsibilities
Travel Coordination – planning driving routes, driving company to and from sites, maintaining cleanliness and safety of company vehicles, maintaining records of vehicle movements and expenses, communicate daily travel plans/itinerary to company
Accommodations Coordination – maintain the accommodations plan, act as liaison between company and accommodators/hosts, assist artists with special accommodations and meal requirements and resolve issues pertaining to the same
Volunteer Management – Recruit and organize a team of 3-6 volunteers per performance in 25+ communities, maintain accurate records of volunteers and their activities, provide training, supervision and acknowledgment of volunteer service
Front of House Management – develop and implement the front of house plan for the Bard’s Bus Tour including setting up and striking audience areas and services daily, managing advance reservations, pay-what-you-can collections, speeches and communication with audiences, emergency procedures, and food service/concessions.
Audience and Donor Service – assist and serve patrons as required in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provide leadership among the team for excellent audience and donor service and ensure donors receive on-site benefits
Reporting and Cash Handling – provide accurate reports of nightly activities and sales, be accountable for cash handling and reconciling and reporting
- Experience in and understanding of performing arts organizations, including at least 2 years of work experience and some degree of management/supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and experience.
- Ability to communicate and work productively with artists and theatrical staff.
- Ability to build positive relationships with a variety of organizational stakeholders.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions.
- Strong communications, speaking and presentation skills.
- Must have a valid “G” class license, a clean driving record, and be comfortable driving a small passenger bus.
Working Conditions and Environment
- This is part-time to full-time, seasonal position, with the requirement to travel with the company throughout the summer tour (July 15 – August 13)
- Driftwood Theatre operates in a “virtual office.” The Front of House and Tour Manager will be required to supply their own place of work prior to the tour dates, with regular face-to-face working sessions with other team
- Email with a resume listing relevant skills and experience, as well as a cover letter expressing your interest in this position
- Deadline to apply is Monday, March 6, 2017
- This position will start in a part time capacity on May 30, 2017
Salary & Schedule
7 wks @ $650 (June 26 - August 13)
2 wks @ $325 (June 19 - June 25, Aug 14 - Aug 21)
Driftwood Theatre is Ontario’s leading outdoor summer touring theatre company, on the road with The Bard’s Bus Tour visiting Ontario communities since 1995.
Driftwood Theatre believes in accessible, live theatre for everyone in Ontario. We envision communities connected through the immediacy and shared power of theatre experiences which are reflective of the world we live in.