This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Tour Technical Director Southern Ontario Tour
The Tarragon Theatre is seeking a Touring Technical Director for the tour of Cottagers and Indians with a re-mount at Tarragon’s Extraspace in February 2019. Cottagers and Indians was Tarragon’s hit show from the 2017/2018 season and is back by popular demand.
Rehearsal at Tarragon Theatre
Oct 8 to 21, 2018
Oct 22-Dec 2, 2018
Bobcaygeon, Mississauga, Oakville, Brampton, Burlington, St. Catharine, Kingston, Peterborough, and Parry Sound
Jan 29- Feb 2, 2019
Touring to: Orillia and Port Dover
Feb 2-5, 2019
Load into Tarragon’s Extraspace
• Valid driver licence and comfortability with driving a large cargo or cube van
• Ability to lead casual crew
• Ability to liaison with all venues
• Ability to read ground plans
• Familiar with focusing lighting and reading lighting plots and magic sheets
• Familiar with ETC ION/Element and Grand MA LX boards
• Familiar with Qlab
• Familiar with IATSE crew rules
• Strong written and communication skills
• Minimum 2 years of touring experience
• Have a flexible and adaptable personality
• Possess a strong work ethic and attention to detail
Interested applicants should apply via email to Carla Ritchie, Production Manager
Applications should include a cover letter and resume along with 3 references.
The deadline for applications is 5 pm Friday, September 14, 2018.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $900/wk or $20.45/hour
Carla Ritchie, Production Manager
Tarragon is one of Canada’s oldest and most respected mid-sized theatres and is a leader in the field of new Canadian plays. We are dedicated to discovering and mentoring artists who tell Canadian stories. Tarragon believes in equal opportunities in the arts for everyone. We welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures and backgrounds.