This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Theatre and Stage Technician contributes to the success of Douglas College and its community of learners by providing technical and instructional support to the Stagecraft Program and users of the Performing Arts Facilities, while providing exceptional client-centred service on a consistent basis to all stakeholder groups.
1. Provides instructional support to the Stagecraft program.
2. Provides technical support to the Stagecraft Program and users of the Performing Arts Facilities within the Performing Arts Facilities.
1. Good working knowledge of English (written and verbal).
2. Completed a Degree program in Technical Theatre at a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent with three years related work experience in a wide variety of technical theatre related areas or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience with Lighting, Sound, Scenic Painting and Props construction required.
3. Good working knowledge of safety measures used in a workshop/performance setting.
4. Physically capable of the manual labour related to constructing and maintaining sets.
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills with faculty, staff, students and community users and maintains a high degree of confidentiality.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum direct supervision as well as establish priorities and achieve deadlines.
7. Proven ability to effectively demonstrate proper laboratory techniques.
8. Hold a valid B.C. Drivers license.
Salary: Salary Range: $1,562.35 - $1,746.31 biweekly
DO what you love. Be good at it. That's how Douglas College defines a great career. We're a community of citizens who are engaged -- with each other and, increasingly, with the world. Being one of the best colleges in Canada isn't just talk - it's something we work at every single day.