This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
This part time position provides technical services in support of the academic mission of the School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design's Departments of Dance, Music, Theatre and occasionally the Departments of Design, Film and Visual Arts and Digital Media program. In addition, the position will provide technical services to internal (other University departments) and external clients. Technical services revolve around the performance facilities including five main venues and ancillary spaces.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Unloads vehicles, moves equipment from storage locations.
2. Assists with the installation of dance floors, sets, risers, and podiums.
3. Assists with the movement of musical instruments, music stands and orchestra chairs.
4. Assists with rigging and the operation of the fly system and loads bricks on arbour.
5. Assists with the installation and focus of theatrical lighting and operates personnel lifts.
6. Assists with the set-up of communication and program equipment.
7. Assists with set-up of microphones, direct inputs, and monitors.
8. Assists with the set-up and patching of audio reinforcement systems.
9. Assists with the set-up and operation of audio-visual, projection and display technology equipment.
10. Assists with maintenance of the facilities and equipment
11. Other duties as assigned
Education: One Year of Post Secondary Education in Music, Dance or Theatre production or equivalent experience. The equivalent experience is Grade 12 High School graduation plus two years of employment experience in music or stage production.
Related Employment Experience: an asset
Salary: $17.41 per hour