This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Arden Theatre has gained an international reputation for excellence. Busy over 200 days of the year, the Arden Theatre is home to over 150 events playing to more than 65,000 patrons annually.
The City of St. Albert is currently seeking to hire a casual Theatre Technician to support the technical aspects of a variety of productions in the Arden Theatre (includes over a 150 professional series and community events each season). This position is responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of the lighting system, with a good knowledge of automated fixtures and controllers, as well as having a good knowledge of other technical aspects in the theatre (sound, video, rigging and fly system). This position requires a team player with a great attitude and a willingness to be assigned any technical duty required.
- Completion of a 2 year post-secondary program in Theatre Production with a focus on the lighting aspects of theatre, or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the theatre business with focus on lighting.
- A familiarity with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD.
would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License is required.
- Fall Arrest, First aid, AED, and Arial Platform certifications are all an additional asset.
HOURS OF WORK
Hours will be variable.
This position will work approximately 18 - 24 hours per week throughout the year from January to June; and again in September through part of December.
$21.53 - $26.20 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
Salary: $21.53 - $26.20 per hour
City of St. Albert Employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a fast paced, creative, dynamic and energetic environment? St. Albert is a city rich in arts and heritage, with superior cultural opportunities for the enjoyment and learning of many. The Cultural Services Department strives to provide positive experiences in several areas, including visual and performing arts, as well as the Arden Theatre, International Children’s Festival and St. Albert Children’s Theatre.