This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Theatre Technician, under the direction of the Production Manager and the Technical Director, will work in all aspects of technical services. The candidate will be required to work as a team member in the operation, set-up and strike of Theatre and Arts Centre performance venues including but not limited to a 594 seat proscenium, 192 seat proscenium, black box studio space and other locations throughout the college. The hours of work are based on a 35 hour work week with overtime and shift work required.
• Technical Theatre Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the area of Technical Theatre
• All theatre technical skill sets will be considered but a strength and comfort with stage lighting and programming is definitely an asset
• A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
• A good sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment is essential for this position.
• Standard First Aid and a valid class 5 driver’s license are required.
• Additional training/certification would be considered as definite assets (Pyrotechnic/firearm Certification, etc.).
SALARY: $54,576.93 per annum, plus an attractive benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
COMPETITION NUMBER: 1314-KTT-074
Please submit your current resume to Human Resources, including the competition number and how you heard about this competition by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, however applications will be reviewed as of February 18, 2014. Please note that it is our practice to contact only those candidates who are chosen to proceed in the competition.
For over 34 years the Keyano Theatre and Arts Centre is the key facility in Fort McMurray to host live community productions, touring artists and corporate events – all of which are provided with high end technical support and top notch service. Each year, the Keyano Theatre and Arts Centre hosts hundreds of entertaining, educational and thought provoking performances. We present a wide variety of artists, with a vast range of genres including: dance, country, rock, comedy and family. Our Keyano Theatre Company (KTC) productions involve our local community, providing them with the opportunity to learn and nurture their skills, talents and creativity.
Keyano College offers the quality of life you want - freedom to spend time with family while providing lifelong learning and career development opportunities to keep you up-to-date in your field. Keyano College encourages individuals with experience and expertise to join our staff.