This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Theatre Technician, under the direction of the Production Managers will work in all aspects of theatre production and technical services. The candidate will be required to work as a team member in the operation, set-up and strike of Theatre and Arts Centre performance venues including but not limited to a 594 seat proscenium, 192 seat proscenium, black box studio space and other locations throughout the College. The hours of work are based on a 35 hour work week with overtime and shift work required.
• Technical Theatre Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the area of Technical Theatre.
• All theatre technical skill sets will be considered.
• A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
• A good sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
• Standard First Aid and a valid class 5 driver’s license are required.
Salary: $56,226.52 per annum, plus an attractive benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).