This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Services Coordinator - Culture, the Theatre Technician is responsible for the technical operation and maintenance of the Horizon Stage facility.
The Theatre Technician will work in all aspects of technical theatre, but with a strong background in live audio and video.
The Theatre Technician also provides technical support for special events and City-sanctioned activities in the City of Spruce Grove. Hours of work are based on a 40 hour bi-weekly schedule, with some overtime as required
• Post-secondary education in technical theatre or equivalent experience.
• Must have a general knowledge and skill set in all areas of technical theatre but specializing in live audio and video.
• A minimum of two years of technical training with experience in the operation of live audio, video, theatrical lighting and staging equipment.
• A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
• Highly-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work with performing artists, renters, volunteers, school employees, and members of the public.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Vectorworks software.
• Must be prepared to work a highly-flexible weekly schedule including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays as required
Department: Cultural Services
Competition number: RC-2014 0023
Please see web site: www.sprucegrove.org/job_opps/current_jobs/theatre_tech_jobs_feb2014.htm
Salary: $25,817 - $34,595
City of Spruce Grove
315 Jespersen Avenue
Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 3E8
Please visit our web site