This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The City of St. Albert’s Cultural Services department works with artists, audiences, volunteers and other cultural stakeholders to deliver superior events, programs, services and facilities creating a community where people want to live, work, and visit. The Cultural Services department connects to the community through The Arden Theatre, the International Children’s Festival and St. Albert Children’s Theatre, festivals and events.
We are looking for an experienced Theatre Audio Technician to join our team. The Audio Technician is responsible for the daily technical operation requirements of The Arden Theatre and ensuring the success of shows and events by performing the technical aspects related to the show(s) production. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Audio Technician needs to be proficient in all aspects of event and technical operations, with proficiency in all systems related to Audio.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Overseeing and technical operation of The Arden Theatre audio system including ongoing planning, maintenance and repair of audio equipment;
- In collaboration with the Technical Director, advise external clients and users of the technical specifications, costs and use of equipment components;
- Assist with operation and ongoing maintenance of the theatre’s lighting, video and rigging system equipment;
- Assist with set up and strike of events including loading and unloading equipment, assembling set, minor carpentry tasks, hanging and focusing lighting instruments;
- In conjunction with the team, determine and support technical requirements for Cultural Services Programming and Events;
- Assist team in providing orientations for production staff and crew;
- Support the safety and security of employees, theatre users, visiting artists and audience; including the operation of audio at safe levels;
- Provide input and support for The Arden Theatre Lifecycle and Maintenance Plan and relevant Cultural Services assets.
- Degree in Technical theatre with emphasis on Audio with 2 - 5 years experience, or Diploma plus 3 - 6 years experience in a wide range of live audio applications, and competency in all elements of technical theatre including Lighting, Carpentry and rigging/fly systems.
- Good working knowledge of: Midi Show Control, SIA, SmaartLive, Computer Aided Drafting, Pro Tools, Microsoft Office. Basic networking skills are also needed.
- A thorough knowledge of all components of a professional quality audio system.
- A valid Class 5 driver’s licence and Standard First Aid certification are required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Fall Arrest, Fork lift and Elevated Platform certificates are desirable.
- C.I.T.T. membership is considered an asset.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position such as lifting, climbing, pushing or pulling objects up to 100 lbs (with appropriate equipment or support).
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (with a regular day off [RDO] every two weeks).
It is expected that the Technician will often be required to work extended hours including evening and weekends to ensure deadlines, program needs, and customer requirements are met.
$65,889 - $80,165 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
December 3, 2017
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary: $65,889 - $80,165 per annum