This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Theatre Technical Coordinator's primary duty is to coordinate all aspects of theatre production for the Theatre Program at Thompson Rivers University.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains all technical areas of production in the theatre including, but not limited to: set, lighting, props, sound, paint and costume.
2. Provides technical support to classes, productions or any other event as required.
3. Sources and purchases all supplies and materials needed for productions.
4. Maintains files and records.
5. Creates and maintains the production schedule for all productions and events.
6. Coordinates and schedules all student crew work on productions.
7. Demonstrates use of all equipment and ensures proper safety procedures are followed.
8. Oversees loans and return of equipment/goods to other theatre organizations.
9. Anticipates future technical needs and submits equipment acquisition proposals.
10. Maintains order and safety in all areas of the theatre, workshops and storage areas.
11. Consults with designers and responsible for costing and approval of final designs.
12. Responsible to evaluate the safety and structural integrity of designs for productions and to create any technical drawings as necessary in order to execute designs.
13. Maintains order in the carpentry shop and costume construction area and ensures that basic supplies are stocked for build of productions.
14. Coordinates and oversees student use of lighting and sound equipment during set up, technical rehearsals and performances.
15. Oversees student booth / backstage crews during technical rehearsals and performances.
16. Organizes regular production meetings with faculty and students to coordinate all areas of work on productions. Ensures that minutes of production meetings are recorded and distributed.
17. Provides designs as needed for productions in the areas of set, props, lighting and costumes, technical drawings and build models in scale and perspective renderings.
18. Works with Faculty to oversee student work studies in production and costume areas.
Dean, Faculty of Arts
• Four (4) year undergraduate post secondary degree Theatre Production and Design; (BFA) or equivalent
• Three (3) years' technical/studio experience in theatre production and design
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE OR ABILITIES RELATED TO THE JOB
• Knowledge of lighting control hardware / software
• Skilled in maintenance of lighting instruments, calibration and repair
• Knowledge and ability to design sets, lighting, props, costumes
• Knowledge of costume construction and ability to sew by hand and with machine
• Knowledge and skilled in scenic construction techniques for theatre. Proficient in the use of woodworking equipment, smaller power tools and hand tools
• Knowledge of safety procedures for all areas of theatre production and set construction
• Ability in scenic painting techniques such as wood graining, faux finishes and applied textures with brush and other tools
• Knowledge of sound equipment for theatre
• Knowledge of Mac OS computer systems and specialized programs for theatre
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently
• Working at heights using ladders and in lighting catwalks. Use of fall protection harness
• Standing for long periods of time
• Work involves exposure to dust, fumes, volatile chemicals, heat, loud noises, working in dark environments, electromagnetic fields on a regular basis
• Ability to move weights in excess of 20 kg
• Travel required
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/w3xkdz2q6bkfx5rp
Apply Online : http://www.Click2apply.net/w3xkdz2q6bkfx5rp