This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Technical Manager (Staging & Scenic) will be responsible for the successful design, fabrication, installation and dismantling of all staging and scenic elements required for the Toronto 2015 Pan American Games Closing and the ParaPan American Games Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
This position will include but not be limited to the following areas:
• Design and Schedule Coordination
• Management of Contractors, Sub-contractors, Schedules and Stakeholders
• Overseeing the responsibilities of the Assistant Technical Manager (Staging & Scenic)
• Health & Safety
The Technical Manager (Staging & Scenic) is responsible for the production of the following documents and design materials including but not limited to:
• Reports, including photographs of progress
• Risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
• Performance criteria describing the use of staging elements
• Technical specifications
• Supply detailed scheduling information to ensure the proper management of the Ceremonies.
• Risk Register
The Technical Manager (Staging & Scenic) must ensure that the design of the Staging, Scenery and Props comply with the appropriate industry, government and local authority standards and regulations. They must also consider carefully the various risks associated with Staging, Scenery and Props, and produce operational risk assessment documents
• Ability to anticipate and forecast
• Previous experience on Ceremonies or large-scale events.
• Excellent communication skills
• Understanding of production and operational requirements for large-scale events
• Understanding of the creative process for large-scale events.
• Demonstrable experience in a similar role
• Excellent organisational, management and leadership skills
• Ability to create, interpret and analyze detailed information
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
• Ability to work well alongside the creative team, technical team and operations team
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Integrity and approachability
• Ability to execute first class professional judgment and decision making skills
• Ability to multi-task and manage a varied and demanding workload
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Extensive experience in scheduling and budget management
• Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
Salary: To be discussed
Please send resumes in PDF format via email only.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No walk-ins or phone calls please.
B5C Productions is a joint venture between Toronto-based BaAM Productions and FiveCurrents of Redondo Beach, California. They will produce the Pan Am Closing Ceremony on July 26, 2015, as well as the Opening and Closing Ceremonies for the Parapan Am Games on August 7 and 15 respectively.