This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Film Centre Technical Manager is a key member of the Film Centre Operations Team and works in close collaboration with the Theatre Operations Manager, Film Centre Programmer and Rentals Manager and Business Manager.
The Technical Manager/Senior Projectionist has overall responsibility for:
• The day to day technical operations of the Film Centre, including projection, sound, lighting, and overall appearance of the cinema
• Providing technical sign off on all rental and special event activities
• Long term planning for the theatre
• Providing administrative support to the Business Manager to include budgeting, forecasting equipment depreciation and hiring and supervising Film Centre projection staff
• Providing projection services in the Vancity Theatre
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Extensive understanding of audio systems, including the differences between cinema and live sound systems
• Extensive understanding of film and non-film projection systems, including DCI standards and requirements for DCP content
• Good understanding of computers and common presentation software is important
• Ability to problem solve under pressure
• Exceptional customer service and people skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Availability to work odd hours, and sometimes very long hours, as dictated by the event at hand
Send your resume and covering letter to: with the subject line Technical Manager
A full job description is available upon request.
Opened in 2006, the Vancity Theatre is a busy 190-seat cinema which operates year round and is managed by the Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society (VIFF) host of the annual, internationally acclaimed Vancouver International Film Festival and Film + Television Forum.