This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
- planning and organizing the technical needs of three productions, in co-ordination with the AD & GM
- performing a variety of roles, including installation/ strike, carpentry, sound and lighting operator
- designing lighting and sound (as required) as well as coordinating the implementation
- acting as the Health & Safety officer, responsible for maintaining company standards
- organizing, supervising and training volunteer crews
- picking up and delivering sets, rental equipment, etc.
- ordering technical supplies and coordinating rental equipment within budgets
- maintaining and trouble-shooting technical equipment
- maintaining accurate files, inventory and reports related to technical operations
Demonstrated operational knowledge of theatre production and technical systems, including lighting, sound, rigging, staging & set elements, power and current codes and legislation as they apply to the theatre.
Valid driver’s license, WHMIS, Level One First Aid are required. Asset: Entertainment Electrical Certification.
The ability to commit to a specific summer schedule in 2011 (July 6 – 16, 2011; July 24-30; August 10-27), with an interest in continuing as TD for future seasons.
Other skills: Initiative, independent worker, problem solving skills, the ability to think on your feet, high level of communication and interpersonal skills, strong time-management skills, capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment, flexibility to work varied hours and a team player.
Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a recognized University or College theatre program or equivalent industry experience.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Irene Thomas, General Manager
Mail: P.O. Box 322, Collingwood, ON, L9Y 3Z7
In person/courier: Rail Car beside the Collingwood Museum, 45 St. Paul St., L9Y 3P1
Incorporated in 1984, Theatre Collingwood is a professional non-profit producing company. In the summer of 2011 (July-August), the company will produce three productions at the Gayety Theatre.