This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Technical Director (Theatre) (TD) works with other staff to provide support to a variety of Culture Sector stakeholders who, in keeping with Council’s strategic objective, utilize City of Barrie cultural infrastructure such as the Georgian and Mady theatres in order to grow and maintain capacity in the City of Barrie’s Cultural Sector. The TD is responsible for the City owned or operated technical equipment in the theatres and ensuring they are in maximum working condition.
Applicants must have:
Key Qualifications (under review):
• Two (2) year College level Theatre Technician diploma or related
• Completion of a Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course
• Fall Protection Training
• Three (3) years’ experience in a senior technician’s role with emphasis on customer service within the arts and culture sector.
• Ability to execute the technical requirements of a show by responding to audial, literary or visual cues
• Use of the computer software to draw to scale, theatre floor plans and lighting plots.
• Ability to focus lights and adjust shutters using theatre equipment.
• Ability and knowledge to assemble sets and risers
• Working knowledge of the Mady/Georgian Operating Procedures Manual
• Knowledge of safety guidelines for the Live Performance Industry in Ontario
• Knowledge of the National Resources Canada Pyrotecnics Special Effects Manual
• Understanding of the Electrical Safety Authority PPE Requirements
• Ability to program a computerized lighting or sound module or special effects unit
The 2014 pay range (under review) is $43,971 to $53,016 per year ($24.16/hr to $19.13/hr).
The hours of work will be 35 hours/week.
For full details regarding this position, please visit our website at www.barrie.ca.
Salary: $43,971 to $53,016 per year ($24.16/hr to $19.13/hr)
Please submit your resume electronically by quoting file #I-15-09 Technical Director (Theatre) (MS Word format only; quote file number in subject line), by Thursday, July 9, 2015 to: E-mail Human Resources Department, City of Barrie, P.O. Box 400, Barrie, Ontario, L4M 4T5.
The Corporation is seeking a friendly, personable, dedicated, enterprising and results-oriented leader. The City of Barrie provides a dynamic operating environment and working conditions. We thank all applicants and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, S.O. 2001, c.25 and will be used to determine employment eligibility. Questions regarding collection should be directed to the Human Resources Department at 705-739-4202.
The City of Barrie is committed to providing excellence in municipal services for the 140,000+ citizens of this vibrant and prosperous community, one of the fastest growing and most beautiful lakefront cities in Ontario.