This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Technical Director’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
1. To function as either operator or supervisor for lighting, sound, and/or general technical services defined in the rental agreement and consistent with Board policy for all Theatre productions.
2. To coordinate with technical production personnel to facilitate the realization of Theatre events within approved Theatre budgets.
3. To coordinate all technical needs the client may need - including technical riders, scheduling technical set ups and turnovers.
4. To oversee, supervise, or engage crew (including staff, volunteer, or commissioned) as necessary for the successful load-in, set-up, performance, strike, and load-out of all Theatre productions, in conjunction with the General Manager, and consistent with general Theatre operations as approved by the Board.
5. To arrange, in consultation with the General Manager, necessary scheduling for technical crew, as well as access to Theatre space and technical systems.
6. To maintain an official technical equipment list, and ensure safe and organized storage of all Theatre technical equipment.
7. To schedule, oversee, or engage all crew (including staff, volunteer, or commissioned) as necessary in the proper and effective usage of all Theatre technical equipment, including arranging for the training and evaluation of crew personnel.
8. To advise the General Manager on all necessary equipment repairs, upgrades, or adjustments as necessary, and arrange for such repairs, upgrades, and adjustments as required, and within the constraints of the budget approved by the Board.
9. To supervise and ensure personnel who rent or use the theatre space adhere to industry safety standards.
10. To report all accidents, injuries, and safety concerns immediately to the General Manager, who in turn will report to the Operations Board.
11. To generate and compile reports as required.
12. To maintain the cleanliness and organization of technical workspace areas and engage crew as necessary to keep areas maintained.
13. To undertake any related duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Salary: $48,000 - $64,000 per year
Kevin Kraft, General Manager
306 370 1400
Vic Juba Community Theatre is located in Canada's Border City of Lloydminster, Alberta/Saskatchewan. Our 550-seat performing arts venue can stage full-scale theatrical productions, concerts, conventions, lectures, the symphony, graduation ceremonies, dance festivals, corporate functions, receptions, product launches, memorial services, and weddings.