This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Facilitate all aspects of theatre rentals, including contract administration and technical support;
• Participate in maintaining the overall condition of the facility, including all technical equipment (sound, lighting, audio-visual, dance floors);
• In conjunction with the Production Manager of the resident organizations, provide technical direction/support for all TDT and School productions at the WST;
• Provide building supervision and security;
• Coordinate theatre staffing;
• Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the facility;
• Provide administrative support for the Facilities Manager;
• Adhere to and assist with the development of the facility’s health and safety policies and procedures.
• Formal training in technical theatre/production and/or experience in providing technical support for dance performances;
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
(averaging 35 hours per week);
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with contemporary dance is a definite asset.
The Technical Director will be employed by the Toronto Dance Foundation which is jointly controlled by Toronto Dance Theatre and The School of Toronto Dance Theatre.
Salary: $32-34,000 + benefits
Please send a cover letter with references and resume no later than August 22nd, 2011 to:
Technical Director Search Committee
c/o Linda McCormick, Facilities Manager
Toronto Dance Foundation
80 Winchester Street
Toronto, On M4X 1B2
Or by email to or by fax to 416-967-4379
Applications are being accepted for the position of Technical Director for the home of Toronto Dance Theatre (TDT) and The School of Toronto Dance Theatre (the School) at 80 Winchester Street in the Cabbagetown district of Toronto. The 115-seat Winchester Street Theatre (WST) and rehearsal studios are used by both resident organizations and a wide range of arts and community groups. The Technical Director reports directly to the Facilities Manager and is a working member of the Building Management team with particular responsibilities for the technical aspects of the facility’s daily operation. For more information, click here