This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Management
General Statement of Duties:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical Director shall be responsible for the administration and supervisory coordination of the technical services of the Tidemark Theatre. The Technical Director will be responsible for coordinating the technical department project planning, capital project requests, coordination and implementation for all technical requirements for events hosted at the Tidemark Theatre.
The Technical Director shall be responsible for reporting to the Managing Director or appointed designate.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties of the Technical Director shall include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates technical information to facilitate a successful event.
• Provides technical services and technical support via email and on site as required;
• Design, coordinate, and implement technical systems in the theatre as requested;
• Knowledge of regulatory changes as they pertain to WCB, fire regulations, and electrical safety.
• Prepares budgets for capital requests for technical equipment and sources quotations;
• In conjunction with the Managing Director, prepares technical grant applications for authorization and approval;
• Meets with and advises theatre clients on technical requirements. Responsible for the accurate dissemination of detailed technical information to clients;
• Coordinates and consults with the staff to maintain the integrity, appearance and safety of the technical areas.
• Liaise with the Managing Director regarding human resources issues in the technical department;
• Any other duties or tasks as required;
• Represent the Tidemark Theatre Society in a professional manner, particularly when dealing with rental clients, customers, volunteers, and staff;
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Tidemark Theatre policies and procedures;
• Adhere to all Worksafe regulations and best practices in the industry;
• Any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director;
• A university degree or diploma from a community college in Fine Arts specializing in stagecraft and theatre technical skills;
• Minimum of three (3) years field experience as an Assistant Technical Director and practical experience in all disciplines as a Theatre Technician.
• Experience managing in a unionized environment required;
• Industry references required;
• Experience working in municipalities an asset;
• Strong communication and customer service skills;
• Knowledgeable in use of computers, and information technology;
• Ability to exercise courtesy, tact and diplomacy with rental clients, customers, volunteers, and staff;
• Ability to work calmly under pressure;
• Ability to work remotely; flexible hours to include evenings and weekends as required;
• Valid drivers license;
• Criminal Record Check required;
• Valid First Aid level 1 certificate required.
Term: October 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016
Hours of Work: flexible work hours
Compensation: To be negotiated
Probationary Period: 3 months
Closing Date: October 15, 2015
Salary: To be negotiated
Please email your resumes to:
1220 Shopper's Row
Campbell River, BC V9W 2C8
We thank you for your interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: In order to be considered, applications must include a cover letter and resume outlining experience and qualifications relative to the position.
The Tidemark Theatre is a municipally owned facility operated by the Tidemark Theatre Society which is a non-profit society. Its mandate is to be a nationally recognized centre for the arts that contributes culturally, economically and socially to our community. The Tidemark Theatre requires a Technical Director for the term beginning October 1, 2015 and ending June 30, 2016.