This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Technical Director will lead the Theatre Orangeville team in all technical elements required in the shop, performance venue and rehearsal hall.
The Technical Director will be responsible for:
- Reporting to the Production Manager
- Operating, maintaining and safeguarding the technical assets of Theatre Orangeville
- Maintaining a clean and safe workplace
- Overseeing the carpentry shop, paint/prop shop and rehearsal hall
- Act as head of carpentry for both Theatre Orangeville and contracted set builds
- Coordinating with the Production Manager on technical aspects of all Theatre Orangeville shows.
- Work with the Opera House Technician in upkeep of the Opera House
- Assist in annual lighting maintenance
- Assisting in setup and execution of other Theatre Orangeville events
The Applicant will need to have:
- A Degree or Diploma in Technical Theatre
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar position
- The ability to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully
- Superior organization and communication skills
- The ability to problem solve under pressure while maintaining a friendly demeanor
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- General knowledge of Lighting and Sound
- The ability to work at heights
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Extensive knowledge of stagecraft, theatre production and scenic construction
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation and practices
Contract Dates: August 19, 2013 – May 16, 2014 (38 weeks - dates are negotiable)
The Technical Director position is based in Orangeville, Ontario.
Applicant must have a minimum G2 Ontario driver’s license.
Theatre Orangeville is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and strongly supports and values diversity in the workplace. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome.
Interested parties should apply with cover letter and resumé, detailing all relevant experience to:
Beckie Morris - Production Manager
Theatre Orangeville is a 276 seat, fully professional artist-driven theatre company dedicated to the production, development and presentation of dramatic and musical works of art that enlighten, enrich and entertain the surrounding community.
Theatre Orangeville is fully committed to providing creative and challenging artistic opportunities for Canadian actors, writers, directors, designers, musicians, dancers, visual artists and technicians.