This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
• Technical director reports to the Artistic Managing Director of the Norman Rothstein Theatre
• In order to fulfill responsibilities and achieve related goals and objectives, a close working relationship is required between the Technical Director and a number of staff positions including the Artistic Managing Director, Front of House Manager and the JCC Maintenance Supervisor. Regular communication is required in regards to issues & concerns for the smooth operation of the theatre on weekly basis.
• Orients and assists licensees and in- house program/production events with the use of the venue.
• Provide direct customer service relating to their technical needs and set standards and complete the restoration of readiness of the stage and work areas following an event or maintenance activity.
• Hire, schedule, train and supervise on call technicians as required.
• Maintenance and development of equipment and systems.
• Maintain inventory of supplies, tools, and equipment.
• Perform stage equipment related cleaning and maintenance.
• Responsible for setting and enforcing procedures and safety standards for technicians.
• Provide monthly reports for health and safety.
• Provide monthly schedules to the JCCGV for scheduled cleaning and security.
• Maintain records as they pertain to finance and purchasing, event tracking, and managing contractors.
• Clerical duties, record keeping, and office equipment operation as it pertains to technical directors duties; creation of estimates; email correspondence; technical documentation; preparing show files.
• Participates in operation of live events in the Norman Rothstein Theatre.
• Related post-secondary education and 5 years related work experience.
• Knowledge of technical theatre practices, operations, maintenance and equipment.
• Ability to understand drawings and schedules used in theatre productions.
• Must have physical ability to set up and move equipment.
• Must be comfortable working on ladders and at heights.
• Must be familiar with theatrical rigging and fly systems.
• Programming for Allen and Heath I- Live, ETC Ion an asset.
• Driver’s licence.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work with minimal supervision.
• Must be detailed oriented and have excellent communication and computer skills.
• Ability to exercise courtesy, tact, diplomacy and persuasion in responding to internal and external service requests and complaints.
• Ability to exercise independence of judgement in determining priorities and solving customer service and operational problems.
• Culturally inclusive attitude.
• Full time permanent position, management.
• Salary is based on an average of 40 hours of work per a week.
• Flexibility is required to accommodate user groups and programming.
• Show calls are expected to make up an average of 60 hours per month with seasonal variations.
• Start Date: April 1, 2017
Salary: based on experience
Please email cover letter and resume to Mary Louise Albert, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Norman Rothstein Theatre (NRT) established and incorporated in 1994 and operated by the Vancouver West Side Theatre Society, is a fully equipped 318 seat performing arts proscenium theatre venue for the presentation of dance, music, theatre, film and literary events. Centrally located in the heart of the beautiful Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver, the facility is wheelchair accessible, air-conditioned, has onsite parking and is two blocks from the Oakridge skytrain station.