This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
MTC seeks a dynamic Technical Director to join its talented senior management team. The MANITOBA THEATRE CENTRE is committed to quality, balance, affordability and accessibility. When artists and audiences come together to share in the act of imagining, we’re building bridges between people.
MTC produces six Mainstage shows per season.
The Technical Director is a full time, salaried position with a generous benefits package.
Many of the duties of a Technical Director at MTC are similar to that of a TD at any similar size "A" house Regional Theater.
For a complete job description please see our web site
The successful candidate,
• Will assume responsibility for all technical elements of John Hirsch Mainstage productions.
• Will have more than five years experience as a Technical Director and possess a broad working knowledge of all elements of production applicable to a major regional theatre.
• Will be a graduate of a recognized theatre program or have equivalent professional experience.
• Will have strong drafting, CAD and computer skills. MTC uses Vectorworks and MS Office.
• Will have experience with budget tracking and maintaining material and labour budgets for shows, overhead and capital.
• Will be experienced in creating production schedules
• Will have strong interpersonal and leadership abilities. Experience managing large I.A.T.S.E work crews is an asset.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to,
Russell Martin; Production Manager
Manitoba Theatre Centre
174 Market Avenue
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Manitoba Theatre Centre is a community-based, registered charitable not-for-profit arts organization. MTC was Canada’s first English-speaking regional theatre and, under founding Artistic Director John Hirsch, became a model for regional theatres throughout North America.
Under Artistic Director Steven Schipper and General Manager Zaz Bajon, MTC now presents over 250 performances annually for more than 150,000 theatre-lovers. MTC produces 6 plays at The John Hirsch Theatre at the MTC Mainstage, 4 plays at The Tom Hendry Theatre at the MTC Warehouse, as well as a regional tour, which annually travels to communities throughout Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario.
MTC also produces the Master Playwright Festival and the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, North America’s second-largest Fringe Festival.
Visit our website: www.mtc.mb.ca