This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Province: Banff, Alberta
Position: Technical Director
Deadline: August 30, 2021
Posted: July 29, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The Technical Director is responsible for the successful operation of our special project (8 month contract), a multimedia experience at the Banff Gondola. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation of the project, artistic integrity of the installation and remain focused on the maintenance of the equipment. Once installed, they will oversee the successful day to day operation of the experience, plan the team’s schedule, foresee required maintenance, foster an engaged workforce, collaborate with auxiliary teams and work together with third party teams to provide a world class experience for our guests.
- Act with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and missions of Pursuit
- Oversee the successful installation of the special project working closely with third party install teams
- Take responsibility for all technical aspects of the experience
- Drive guest engagement culture through a highly motivated and well-trained team
- Develop and maintain a clear command structure during operational hours with the operations and guest experience teams
- Maintain excellent lines of communication with all teams
- Plan and supervise maintenance of all equipment
- Responsible for the recruiting and training of the special event team
- Ensure sufficient supplies spare parts are available and coordinate all equipment repairs
- Supply and provide analysis for monthly and annual reporting to internal and third-party teams
- Select and develop standardized recipes to ensure consistent quality
- Develop and manage the operational budget for the project
- Develop and update standard operating procedures and training documents
- Collaborate in the discussion for future enhancements and upgrades for the special event
- Manage and provide feedback to the special event team
- Create and complete daily and weekly walk through checklists
- Ensure all Health and Safety protocols are being adhered to as per AHS guidelines
- Complies with Pursuit Branded policies and procedures
- Follows Pursuit pillars of employment and service
- Flexible to work in various locations
Qualifications / Required Skills
- 5 years of experience with multimedia installations such as live shows, outdoor festivals, permanent installations etc. at least 5 years in a supervisory role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, including operating system installation, maintenance systems, diagnostic software and hardware installation
- Experience using MAC, Linux, Arduino, other embedded systems is an asset
- Experience with microcontrollers such as Rasberry Pi is an asset
- Knowledge of networking systems (routing, sharing, network administration, IP, DNS, VPN etc.)
- Knowledge of computer communication protocols and transport such as TCP/IP, UDP, OSC, LTC, MTC
- Good knowledge of audio-visual distribution systems such as patch bays, video matrices, audio amplifiers, midi, sound controllers, DMX etc. as well as AV network protocols such as NDI, ArtNet, Dante, AVB etc.
- Good knowledge of video playback systems such as Disguise, Pandora’s Box, Resolume, Qlab, Watchout, and/or video broadcast technology
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on customer service
- Experience in LED video calibration
- Experience in video projector calibration
- Strong understanding of lighting apparatus
- Lighting console programming experience is an asset
- Understanding of schematic drawings, install cabling etc.
- Ability to resolve set maintenance issues
- Experience in leading a delegating a team of colleagues
- Excellent communication skills and proven leadership skills
What will your work environment be like?
Beautiful. You’ll work in iconic, unforgettable and inspiring National Park. You’ll see amazing scenery and wildlife. You’ll participate in team events – and fun!
Remote. Our home is filled with trees, lakes and blue-bird skies; rather than buildings, freeways and smog.
This job description describes this role at a high level, but no document can anticipate every single task, issue or project that could come up. We work as a team and believe that we succeed together – these job duties may change based on the needs of the team and company as a whole.
To handle this job successfully, any person hired must be able to perform responsibilities as described. Pursuit will make any reasonable accommodation to help a person with disabilities perform their job. This job is based in Alberta, Canada. Relocation to the area and the legal ability to work in Canada is required.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
We believe that collecting memories is far more important than collecting things.
We share your longing to explore. To get out into the world and search for remarkable experiences. To stride eagerly through the journey of life, fulfilling dreams and expanding our sense of wonder. This is what we call ‘living’.
We have gathered a collection of attraction and hospitality experiences, thoughtfully united by their unique power to inspire and invigorate. As a brand, Pursuit weaves elements of wonder and amazement across our range of awe-inspiring experiences.