This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Technical Crew (Crew) at the Scotiabank Dance Centre is involved with all the technical needs for performances, events, rehearsals, and other bookings in the Faris Studio.
The Crew reports to the Technical Director. During work calls, the Crew will take their lead from the Head Technician and collaborate with other Crew. At times they will also communicate with Clients, Front of House, and Dance Centre Staff.
The Technical Crew carries out the following duties:
• Installing, configuring, operating, and/or uninstalling of technical equipment; including lighting, audio, video, set, props, and costumes.
• Fulfilling technical requirements as communicated by the Technical Director and Head Technician.
• Ensuring safe and correct work practices are followed at all times.
• Providing polite and professional service when communicating with clients.
• Avoiding damage to properties, personnel, and the venue.
• Completing their portion of the show report by recording hours worked and adding to the Head Technician’s notes.
• Immediately reporting significant issues to the Head Technician (ex. Damage to equipment, unforeseen lateness, workplace injuries).
The ideal candidate will have prior experience working as a professional technician for theatre, dance, or related live production events; or have equivalent educational experience; have a knowledge of lighting, audio, video, rigging, and/or stage management; ideally possess an LPEC certificate and Occupational First Aid Level 1. Availability to work day, night, weekday and weekend shifts is a must.
This posting is for technicians looking to be added to the crew call list for the Dance Centre. This is a casual position with hours vary depending on event schedules and requirements.
Please email a resume with contact information to Justin Aucoin and Mark Eugster, Technical Directors: