This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Director of Production (DP), the Technical Coordinator assists and collaborates with the DP on all elements of the production department, ensuring an on-time and on-budget production, including facilitating the flow of information between artistic, administrative and production personnel.
The Technical Coordinator also manages the master schedule and coordinates the administrative elements of theatre rental inquiries and bookings.
The ideal candidate will be efficient, strategic, resourceful, a strong leader and a team player. In return we offer an exciting and fun work environment, collaborating with leading national and international artists and the opportunity to work alongside a creative team on new creations and national/international tours.
This is a 9-month full time position, during the company’s performance season, and is renewable each year for the right candidate.
• Working with the Director of Production regarding scheduling and coordinating all theatre, studio and production activities.
• Scheduling and leading production meetings as necessary with Director of Production, technicians, facility manager and group responsible for upcoming events.
• Identifying and informing Director of Production of any technical rental requirements.
• Preparing invoices as related to technical aspects and FOH needs of the event
• Supervising all technical staff
• Preparing and distributing detailed production schedules
• Overseeing events/performances
• Representing Theatre Junction to our clients as needed
• A degree or equivalent certificate in a technical theatre program from a recognized institution
• At least 2 years’ working experience in a related position
• Knowledge of and experience with building practices and materials
• Knowledge of and experience with current lighting and audio practices and equipment
• Knowledge of and experience with current entertainment industry rigging equipment and practices
• Knowledge of live production safety standards and procedures
• A working familiarity with VectorWorks and/or AutoCAD programs
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Demonstrated leadership skills, effective working relationships and experience with managing or supervising a team
• A creative and curious passion for the arts, and familiarity with contemporary theatre and dance
• Excellent relational, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to strategize, prioritize, organize and follow through in a timely manner on multiple projects at once
• A valid drivers license and ability to drive a 5-ton transport vehicle
This is a 9-month, full time position, during the company’s performance season September through May, and is renewable each year for the right candidate.
For more information on The GRAND and Theatre Junction, please visit our website: www.theatrejunction.com
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
If you are passionate about the arts and want to work with a great team in a leading contemporary theatre, please apply with cover letter, resume and salary expectations to:
Theatre Junction GRAND is Calgary’s culturehouse for contemporary live arts. We plan our program using a 3-pillar strategy that includes (1) new creation by a resident company of artists, (2) local, national and international presentations of theatre, dance and music, (3) work by community partners such as Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Springboard Fluid Festival and One Yellow Rabbit.
Theatre Junction GRAND also hosts private events in UBU Restaurant & Lounge and in the theatre(s). The main theatre is a flexible space capable of multiple stage and seating configurations. There is also a studio space for rehearsals, events and small public performances.