This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Management
Reporting to the Technical Director, the Technical Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the integrity and quality of the show and its installations. The Technical Coordinator will supervise the Sound, Lighting, Video, Carpentry and Rigging crews. The Technical Coordinator will be required to work according to variable schedules, including nights and weekends, to reflect the operational needs of the company.
• Under the direction of the Technical Director, plan and implement the setup and teardown of show equipment; Supervise technical employees during the show and teardown and setup operations;
• Under the direction of the Technical Director, plan and implement the inspection and maintenance of all show equipment in collaboration with all heads of department;
• Ensure that all technical department staff adheres to work safety standards and organize staff training when necessary;
• In cooperation with all technical department heads, ensure that work and storage areas are clean;
• Create weekly schedules for the technical crew in accordance with the show’s needs;
• Respond to the technical needs of all other departments;
• Develop and implement maintenance schedules for show equipment in collaboration with department heads;
• Ensure that all employees respect the quality level and the integrity of the show and show equipment at all times;
• Manage relationship with preferred technical department suppliers;
• Follow up on the department budget;
• Source and purchase the department’s equipment, consumables and rental equipment when needed. Source vendors for emergency maintenance of equipment when required;
• Attend Directors’ meetings if the Technical Director is not present;
• Supervise and assist heads of departments with purchasing, scheduling, research and development of special projects and normal operations;
• Troubleshoot any technical problems during the show;
• Ensure the correct documentation from the technical department;
• Perform any other task that may be required to achieve the overall efficiency of operations.
• Three to five years’ experience in technical management;
• An overall good knowledge of lighting, sound, video, rigging and show carpentry;
• General knowledge of plumbing and electricity is an asset;
• Basic knowledge of public safety codes in relation to show systems would be an asset;
• Good knowledge of accident prevention and Health and Safety standards would also be an asset;
• Capacity to read technical drawings;
• Bilingual (French English) is an asset;
• Experience in employee management and budgets;
• Adaptability and open-mindedness;
• Very Good communication skills;
• Able to prioritize and organize;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft’s Office Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook;
• Touring experience is an asset;
• Knowledge of AutoCAD is an asset;
• Technical specialization certificate is an asset;
• Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work abroad.
Salary: To be discussed.
Candidates should apply to:
Ref.: Technical Coordinator
Fax : (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique,
never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.