This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Technical Supervisor, the Technical Assistant is responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of theatre equipment such as, but not limited to, lighting, sound, projection, rigging and general tools and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to theatre users and rental clients. Assists with load-in and load-out of sets and equipment, and provides other technical support as required. Prepares and maintains daily reports on shows/events and reports on equipment. Responds to enquiries and concerns from theatre users/rental clients and directs enquiries to the Technical Supervisor and staff as required. Adheres to technical requirements, policies, and procedures, health and safety regulations as required and set out by the Technical Supervisor and the City of Vaughan. Must be prepared and available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
• Must be currently enrolled in or a graduate of Community College or University in Theatre or Television Production or related discipline.
• Approximately one (1) year related work experience in the theatre industry with a focus on theatre production, lighting, and sound.
• Must have or be willing to obtain Explosives License, Class 7.2.2.
• Must be willing to obtain Standard First Aid certificate.
• Strong interpersonal skills coupled with effective communication skills.
• Must be prepared to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
If you are an energetic person who is interested in bringing your knowledge and passion to the City of Vaughan, please visit our website to apply online by Date Friday, March 30, 2018.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Salary: $22.64 - $25.12/Hour
Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer
2141 Major Mackenzie Drive
As one of Southern Ontario’s fastest growing cities, with its mix of urban and rural areas, Vaughan is an in-demand place to live and work. Vaughan is considered one of Canada’s most family friendly cities with a dynamic and diverse population of over 300,000. With one of the top performing economies, a growing tourism industry and an enviable portfolio of recreational and cultural venues, this is the place where you want to be.