This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting directly to the Director of Technical Research and Development, the position’s incumbent will work as an expert in lighting. He is the resource person within the organization.
• Advise management regarding new equipment acquisitions according to the predetermined budget;
• Custom design equipment for certain clients/events and according to the company’s new needs;
• Participate in improvement or major maintenance projects allowing a greater efficiency and safety via the operations;
• Ensure a technological watch in order to contribute to the growth of the company by participating in trade shows, seeking new products and suppliers;
• Work closely with the administration and the department’s management in order to prevent and identify extraordinary expenses (special maintenance and purchases vs sub-leasing);
• Initiate as well as participate in trainings given to employees and help in elaborating those related to his department;
• Coordinate an efficient delivery management for different projects with a structured approach (schedules, budgets, specific expectations, clear communications, tight follow ups);
• Ensure that Solotech’s predetermined standards (technological committee) are respected (connectors, chests, etc.) by the teams both within the workshop and on the road;
• Perform visits on site when possible in order to assess and observe the teams’ work as well as the equipment’s condition;
• Offer technical support on the field when required;
• Transfer his knowledge to the workshop team and production technicians, when required;
• Maintain a good relationship with the Directors and the technical participants for all types of contracts;
• Participate in all other projects identified by the Management.
• Training in lighting, audiovisual, or any other related training or working experience;
• A minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience in a similar position;
• Strong technical knowledge in lighting;
• Master Autocad (2D and 3D) 2016, Vectorworks and Sketchup software;
• General technical knowledge in the following areas: sound, rigging, video;
• Master the two official languages, both oral and written;
• Master MS Office Suite.
• Capacity to work with schedules and manage pressure ;
• Demonstrate rigor and attention to detail ;
• Act with diplomacy ;
• Highly-developed sense of organization ;
• Strong interpersonal skills ;
• Strong skills for customer approach ;
• Capacity to adapt to change ;
• Good collaborative and team spirit ;
• Resourcefulness and autonomy.
Should your profile meet the sought requirements, and should you wish to join SOLOTECH’s great team, please send your resume at mentioning the position’s title in the subject.