This is a Permanent, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Primary Accountabilities Include:
The City of Airdrie is seeking a part time (on-call) Theatre Technician.
Working in partnership with the Theatre Team Leader and the Theatre Programmer, the part time (on call) Technician will be responsible for the technical running (lights and sound) of a variety of Bert Church Theatre performances and may occasionally provide technical support for special events and other City sponsored events and activities.
- May be involved in the technical coordination and general maintenance of the BCT facility
- Will be responsible for setting up microphones and monitors and working with rental clients to deliver technical outcomes as per client needs
- Will be point of contact for clients and artists during the show date
- Technicians are required to ensure that the theatre space is safe, clean and ready for artists and performers
A minimum of two years of technical experience in the operation of theatrical lighting, sound and staging equipment (related technical education and training is an asset)
Previous sound technician experience is a definite asset
Experience working with a Soundcraft Si Impact Board and ETC Ion Lighting Console
Demonstrated ability to work with performing artists, renters, volunteers, school employees and members of the public
Standard First Aid - Level C CPR and AED (or willingness to become certified) would be considered an asset
Skills and Attributes:
Positive and optimistic attitude and work well within the team
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
Aptitude for quick thinking, and ability to anticipate and problem solve technical sound and light requirements
Highly-developed interpersonal skills
Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service
Ability to identify and provide technical equipment in response to customer required needs
Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Self-directed and self-motivated
This is a part time role and work is dependent upon rental activity at the theatre. Shifts will include up to 5 hours on week nights and 8 plus hours on weekends. Must be prepared to work a highly-flexible weekly schedule including evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays. Shifts will generally be scheduled into the late evening. Some overtime may be required on occasion. Shift schedules will generally be arranged a month in advance whenever possible.
- Often dealing with crowds of people, noise and busy environment
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Climbing ladders and working from heights (ie catwalk and man lift)
- Must be able to perform duties in low light conditions
Please note: The interviewing and hiring process may commence prior to the posted closing date.
Salary: $20.64 - $23.22 / Hour
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
Business Unit Information:
As part of Community Services, the Bert Church Theatre enhances the quality of life of residents by facilitating community partnerships to provide opportunities that contribute to an economically strong, socially connected, culturally vibrant, and sustainable community.