This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
The Supervisor of Production Services is responsible for the supervision of staff, volunteers, facilities and activities within Centrepointe Theatres' Production Services department. This includes ensuring the clients' requirements are met during engagements; the supervision of technicians and stagehands; training, scheduling, supervision and coaching of stage crew volunteers; the recruitment, training, supervision and evaluation of stage door attendants; the development and implementation of training programs specific to the live entertainment industry, and general administration of the production area.
Education & Experience
Three (3) year University degree specializing in Technical Theatre and Production or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years of demonstrated success in a similar position performing tasks related to Production Management, Lighting Design, Audio Design, Stage Management, Pyrotechnic Special Effects, Rigging
- Demonstrated ability to train in a volunteer environment
*Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
Language, Certificates & Licenses
- Federally licensed to use Pyrotechnics Special Effects
- Current Standard First Aid certificate, AED certificate, and CPR certificate
- A valid Ontario unrestricted "G" class driver’s license (or provincial equivalent) with no more than 6 demerit
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check to the City of Ottawa’s
English: oral, reading, writing
- Leadership principles and theory
- Adult learning and training methods
- Expert knowledge of health and safety and other legislation, including those specific to the live entertainment industry
- Working knowledge of design and set construction
- Knowledge of production administration and management, stage management, theatrical carpentry, counterweight flying systems, lighting and audio systems, atmospheric systems, project management and procurement practices
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and in CADD programs
- Must possess the training, experience and knowledge to organize the work and its performance
- Must be familiar with all applicable health and safety legislation, have knowledge of any potential or actual danger to health or safety in the work place, and have knowledge of appropriate actions to be taken in order to ensure the health and safety of staff in accordance with applicable legislation and city policies and procedures
Competencies & Skills
- Leads by example, demonstrating integrity, creativity and enthusiasm in achieving results directly and through staff work teams comprised of full-time, part-time and casual employees and volunteers
- Results-oriented and able to carry out directives
- Capable of setting challenging but realistic goals and deadlines to those under supervision
- Able to evaluate the individual capacity and capability of employees and volunteers; allocating resources in an efficient manner
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Able to communicate effectively with others
- Identify training needs of staff and volunteers
- Effective trainer; capable of developing appropriate teaching materials and programs
- The ability to allocate and schedule staff resources in a cost-effective manner
Please refer to our resources on how to apply for jobs online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process
will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa is committed to providing quality services by establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves. The City encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request.
Salary: 1 Full-time Temporary Position - 40 hours/week (Up to 1 year term) Affiliation: CUPE 503 Inside/Outside Salary: $33.490 to $39.186 per hour (2017 rates of pay)
Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.
Please include: 2017-EX-EN-51923417-01:Supervisor, Production Services in the subject line
Location: Ben Franklin Place/Centrepointe Theatre, 101 Centrepointe Drive, Ottawa
Employment Group: Recreation and Culture