This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Education
Reporting directly to the Education Manager and working closely with the Education Coordinator, Academy Summer Faculty and students, the Intern will assist in administration, production and summer camp support. Expectations and goals will be set out by the Education Manager, who will train the Intern in communicating the Academy’s programs and requirements to families and students. The Education Intern will also learn to address the needs of the instructors and students within both class and production/presentation contexts.
Education Intern duties may include:
- Processing student registrations for summer and year-long classes
- Coordination of Academy auditions and summer volunteers
- Summer Camp student supervision
- Assisting with Academy presentations or productions
- Event planning
- Maintenance of Academy’s library and inventory
- Data entry and record keeping (utilizing database software)
- Communications projects and Academy promotion
- Other duties as required by supervisor
- Interest and experience in arts education for youth
- Experience in and understanding of theatre and theatre
- Superior detail orientation and organizational skills
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must have or be willing to obtain an RCMP Vulnerable Sector
Check (to work with children)
- Post-secondary study in Education, Arts Administration or
Theatre (performance and production)
- Knowledge of a second language, ideally, Cantonese or
This position is funded through the Summer Works program. The successful applicant must:
- be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee
status in Canada
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of
- be a full-time student with the intention of returning to
full-time studies in the fall
- be willing to commit to the full duration of the work
assignment for a period of 16 weeks
- not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week)
- not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this
Hours of work: 35 hrs/week. Office hours are 9am – 5pm (with one hour unpaid lunch break).
The hours will vary – some evening and weekend work may be required.
Deadline: April 7, 2017.
The position is subject to receipt of funding.
Please apply by email to: .
Please advise us if you need accessibility accommodated (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting space) to participate in this process: or 604-270-6500.
No faxes or phone calls, please.
We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Gateway Theatre’s mission is to enrich the quality of life in Richmond and surrounding communities by creating outstanding professional theatre and serving as a dynamic hub for the performing arts. Incorporated in 1982, Gateway has grown into one of the largest professional theatre companies in the Lower Mainland and is lead today by Artistic Director Jovanni Sy. We serve the community through professional live theatre productions, theatre education for youth, and community venue rentals.