This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Stitcher - Duties include but not limited to:
- The Stitcher is responsible for the sewing and other construction duties associated with preparing garments and accessories for production. Initial consultation with the Head of Wardrobe or Costume Designer will establish the Stitchers` projects.
- In collaboration with the Head of Wardrobe, assist with the setup, operation, and maintenance of the wardrobe workshop, its costume stock, and equipment.
- Purchase wardrobe materials and supplies within a budget negotiated with the Head of Wardrobe.
- With the assistance of additional wardrobe staff, manage costume preset, dressing, and quick-changes at dress rehearsals and performances as required by stage management in cooperation with wardrobe staff and volunteers.
- Assist with the laundering of costumes for principle performers during dress rehearsals and performances.
- Cleaning and storage of costume stock and wardrobe equipment following the final performance.
- Other duties as may be required for the smooth operation of the wardrobe department.
- The seamstress should develop a strong working knowledge of all the costume shop equipment and should have an understanding of the general work procedures in the shop and always follow safety standards.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Tuled Giovanazzi at no later than March 3rd 2012
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be originated by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.