This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
Stage Sound Technician - Duties include but not limited to:
- During Rehearsals Stage Sound will be responsible for helping to set up the sound system before rehearsals begin. This includes moving gear around, hooking up speakers, running lines to speakers, hiding speakers, running tests on equipment, cleaning equipment, and maintaining upwards of 24 wireless mics.
- During performances Stage Sound will be responsible for making sure all actors have their appropriate mics at the appropriate time. This will require assessing when help is needed, where mic changes need to occur etc.
- Stage Sound will need to ascertain issues with costumes and specific actors in relation to mic placement and retention. It will be the responsibility of Stage Sound to find solutions to these issues with wardrobe.
- When available Stage Sound will be called on to listen from the audience to help with setting levels and locations of mics.
- Stage Sound will also have to troubleshoot possible problems during rehearsals and performances and communicate them with the Sound Engineer.
- During rehearsals will be responsible for creating a Mic Map that shows when actors have mics relative to the script. As rehearsals continue this Map will need to be edited in order to assure all speaking roes have mics. This task involves keeping a detailed spreadsheet of when actors have mics, which mics they have etc.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in sound to learn, or for someone with more experience to refine their skills. The individual should be quick on their feet but calm in stressful situations. Also comfortable working outdoors with a large amount of volunteers and even animals. This is a part time position (Friday-Sunday). Remuneration for the position will be an Intern Honorarium. The contract would run from May 10th to July 8th, 2013.
The sound team consists of: Composer/ Sound Designer, Musical Director, Head of Sound/ Sound Engineer, Sound Assistant and Stage Sound Technician.
Any interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter to Ms. Ailsa Birnie at no later February 8, 2013
Company Manager- Canadian Badlands Passion Play
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 19th season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script will be performed by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2600-seat outdoor amphitheatre.