This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Under the responsibility of the Artistic Coordinator, the Stage Manager is responsible for ensuring that the show runs smoothly and safely on stage and backstage. The person must be available to work on tour with a flexible schedule.
• Write a show report after each performance and maintain an updated call book;
• Ensure the safety of performers during practices, rehearsals and performances;
• Be on call for special events, rehearsals and training, as well as for emergencies;
• Attend tour meetings;
• Attend artistic meetings;
• Ensure the transfer of information between the artistic department and the other departments;
• Coordinate the training and rehearsing schedule for the artists and transfer relevant information to the tour services department;
• Ensure the integrity and longevity of accessories and scenery equipment of the show;
• Assist the artistic coordinator in the administration of the department;
• Participate in the operations of set up and tear down of the artistic equipment (artistic tent, dressing, costumes, etc.);
• Perform other related duties pertaining to artists needs and necessary for the proper conduct of operations;
• Assist the Director in the creation of the call book;
• Orchestrate show commands.
• College Degree (DEC) in Show Production or equivalent;
• Experience of at least 3 years as a stage manager in a large-scale production;
• Knowledge of the acrobatic and equestrian field would be a significant asset;
• Basic knowledge of costumes management, make-up and accessories;
• Fully bilingual (French and English), written and spoken;
• Autonomous, very good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure;
• Ability to manage a multicultural team;
• Team player and dynamic;
• Available to work full time on tour and authorized to work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Interested candidates should forward their applications to:
Ref: Stage Manager
Fax: (514) 879-9003
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique, never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.