This is a Temporary, Part-time position.Category: Technical
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Sound Intern for the summer of 2015. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2015 and is a Part-Time Position.
The sound team consists of: Composer/ Sound Designer, Musical Director, Head of Sound/ Sound Engineer, Sound Assistant Playback and Sound Intern.
Sound intern - Duties include but not limited to:
• Sound Intern will be responsible for helping to set up the sound system before rehearsals begin. This includes moving gear around, hooking up speakers, running lines to speakers, hiding speakers, running tests on equipment, cleaning equipment, and maintaining upwards of 24 wireless mics.
• During rehearsals and then performances Sound Intern will be responsible for making sure all actors have their appropriate mics at the appropriate time. This will require assessing when help is needed, where mic changes need to occur etc.
• Sound Intern will need to ascertain issues with costumes and specific actors in relation to mic placement and retention. It will be the responsibility of Sound Intern to find solutions to these issues with wardrobe.
• When available Sound Intern will be called on to listen from the audience to help with setting levels and locations of mics.
• Sound Intern will also have to troubleshoot possible problems during rehearsals and performances and communicate them with the Head of Sound/Sound Engineer.
• During rehearsals will be responsible for creating a mic map, in conjunction with the Sound Assistant, that shows when actors have mics relative to the script. As rehearsals continue this map will need to be edited in order to assure all speaking roes have mics. This task involves keeping a detailed spreadsheet of when actors have mics, which mics they have etc.
• Responsible for assisting in end of season strike and winter storage.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in sound to learn, or for someone with more experience to refine their skills. The individual should be quick on their feet but calm in stressful situations. Also comfortable working outdoors with a large amount of volunteers and even animals. This is a part time position (Friday-Sunday).
The Sound Intern is part of the Sound Team. Directed by the Head of Sound/Sound Engineer for day to day functions and labour. The role may involve manual labour.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in sound to learn, or for someone with more experience to refine their skills.
The individual should be quick on their feet but calm in stressful situations.
Also comfortable working outdoors with a large amount of volunteers and even animals.
Organization and adaptability.
Physically capable in outdoor non-city environments.
Strong Communication skills.
Personable and comfortable in large crowds.
The role may involve manual labour.
Salary: Negotiable bassed on experience and position.
Please Attention to: Adrian Young, Productions Director, email@example.com
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada's largest outdoor theatrical events. Performed on a Stage roughly 1km wide and 100meters high, in the picturesque Badlands of Drumheller, Alberta, The script is performed by a mixed professional & volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre. Now in its 22nd season. The company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is an epic story told on an epic scale, this year's production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John.