This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Reporting to the Head of Sound, the Sound Assistant is responsible for assisting the Head of Sound regarding the installation of the sound equipment and of the technical site, as well as maintaining and repairing these installations for the purpose of the show. The Sound Assistant is directly responsible for both the sound equipment for musicians as well as the wireless equipment on stage.
• Work as a team to plan, coordinate and execute the set-up and tear down of the sound equipment and the musicians equipment during transfers;
• Work with the Head of Sound to maintain, repair and troubleshoot equipment if necessary, in order to keep all the equipment in good condition;
• Responsible for the safety and the cleanliness of the technical site (backstage, technical workshop, etc.);
• Operate the console monitor, manage the wireless and the sound equipment backstage during rehearsals and shows;
• Ensure that rehearsals and shows operate smoothly and safely;
• Take part in the set-up, renewal and maintenance of the sound equipment in collaboration with the technical department;
• Lead “fly-in” staff and local employees;
• Load and unload trailers according to established plans;
• Participate in all necessary safety training courses as well as training for emergency rescue procedures;
• Performe all other tasks required by the show and necessary for the good functioning of installations.
• 2 to 5 years experience minimum in a similar position;
• Experience on tour is an asset;
• Experience in managing a team;
• Knowledge of techniques and digital audio equipment such as Yamaha PM5D;
• Knowledge of radio frequency systems (communication, microphones and headphones);
• Knowledge of communication systems "Clear-com”;
• Knowledge of the consoles Digidesign VENUE system ;
• Excellent communication skills with musicians;
• Ability to operate a forklift and articulated boom lift;
• Ability to work at heights;
• Ability to perform physical tasks;
• Bilingual (French and English);
• Interested in touring full-time with the show and authorized to travel and work in foreign countries.
Salary: To be discussed.
Interested candidates should send their resume to:
Re: Head of Video
Fax: (514) 879-9003 E-Mail : email@example.com
Cavalia is an entertainment company that specializes in the creation, production and touring of innovative shows. The company, founded by Normand Latourelle, has an expertise in the equestrian and performing arts, and is known for making the most of cutting-edge
technology, multimedia and special effects, which allows for the creation of magical, unique,never-before-seen theatrical experiences. The company employs 300 permanent employees, more than 100 artists and performers, and is home to 130 horses representing some 15 different breeds.