This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
ShowTech AVL Systems is seeking a full-time service technician to support our rapid growth. The successful candidate will be a dedicated team member making customer satisfaction their top priority. The service technician will be able to solve technical issues quickly with a “doors at 7” attitude; have direct contact with clients to diagnose their equipment issues in an expedient and professional manner; repair performance audio, video and lighting equipment; some onsite installations or service will be required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience active in theatrical audio, video and/or lighting
- A degree, diploma or certificate related to technologies from an accredited university, college
or equivalent experience
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Be highly resourceful and possess troubling shooting skills
- Experience in soldering, basic wiring and able to repair cables and connectors
- Strong electronics knowledge
- Must be willing/able to travel to be trained at factories for certification
- Excellent attention to detail
- Clear and efficient communication in English
- Installation skills an asset
- Valid BC driver’s Licence
- IT and Network experience
- Crestron, Extron BSS or Q-SYS experience an asset
While we fully support CITT's position of posting a salary, please note that the salary can be subject to variation pending more qualifications and certifications.
Salary: $55K to 60K per year plus Extended Health/Dental Plan after 3 months evaluation period
Email your resumes to
ShowTech AVL Systems
#205 – 7475 Hedley Ave
Burnaby, BC V5E 2R1
ShowTech AVL is a growing sales and integration company for Audio, Video and Lighting. After taking over Solotech Vancouver’s operations in October 2016, industry veterans Brian Konechny and Larry Darling have grown their business and are expanding their team. We encourage you to visit www.showtechavl.com to see what we do.