This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Technical
Expected start date: February 2017
(Subject to change)
Please note that there may be exceptional delays in this recruitment process as all positions on Cirque 2017 will be staffed gradually. We thank you for your understanding.
Reporting to the Site Operations Director, you will be required to:
• Participate in the maintenance of site infrastructures;
• Assist the International Headquarters (IHQ) in updating the preventive maintenance and inspection program, as well as the infrastructure installation and operating procedures;
• Maintain, inspect and repair generators with the mechanic;
• Participate in the daily inspection of the heating/air-conditioning systems, as well electrical equipment;
• Assist with setup and tear-down in tandem with the Site Operations Director;
• Research and purchase electrical supplies;
• Assist the Technical team in protecting the show's integrity;
• Ensure the proper running of all distribution systems and maintenance activities during set-up, tear-down and the show's run in each city;
• Develop and activate projects assigned by the Site Operations Director;
• Ensure the site meets all local and regional rules and regulations regarding safety and electrical equipment;
• Hire and supervise the Assistant Electrician/HVAC;
• Follow and support the equipment and inventory management procedures and requirements as required by Cirque du Soleil. Utilize the tools and procedures provided by IHQ to maintain inventory and equipment data. Follow the requirements detailed for customs and logistics with regards to the transport of material with touring productions;
• Participate in any other project assigned by the Site Operations Director.
• Manage the setup and tear-down of infrastructures, electrical equipment and heating/air-conditioning systems, according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
• Safely operate generators, electrical equipment and heating/air-conditioning systems, according to infrastructure installation and operating procedures set by IHQ;
• With the Site Operations Director, maintain and repair generators, electrical equipment and heating/air-conditioning systems, according to the infrastructure preventive maintenance and inspection program set by IHQ;
• Inform the IHQ and the Site Operations Director of any changes made to generators, electrical equipment and heating/air-conditioning systems to keep the preventive maintenance and inspection program, as well as the infrastructure installation and operating procedures, up to date;
• Supervise fly-ins and local temporary staff during setup and tear-down periods;
• Participate in show call and/or morning rounds;
• Be on call for emergencies.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Certification in electricity and refrigeration;
• Minimum ten years' experience as a theatre or industrial electrician;
• Work experience with controls systems and generators;
• Tour experience an asset;
• Ability to drive a forklift and other heavy machinery;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software for Windows;
• Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, fluency in French is an asset;
• Available to tour full time and to work in foreign countries.
Location: Touring Shows
Travel: Yes, 100%
Salary: to be discussed
To apply, please follow this link: http://bit.ly/29eskeJ
Le Cirque du Soleil est une entreprise québécoise reconnue internationalement pour son divertissement artistique de haute qualité. Depuis sa création en 1984, le Cirque du Soleil a toujours cherché à nourrir l’imagination, stimuler les sens et susciter l’émotion du public, partout dans le monde.
Le Cirque du Soleil repousse les limites du divertissement et invite le monde à découvrir son univers. Joindre les rangs du Cirque du Soleil, c'est devenir membre d'une organisation reconnue non seulement pour sa créativité et son esprit innovateur, mais également pour les défis uniques et stimulants qu'elle offre.