This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Other
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a School Costume Coordinator to join our team. Ideal candidates will have experience working with children, as well as working in a wardrobe department, preferably events based. Attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to remain calm while working under tight deadlines are keys for success in this role.
As the School Costume Coordinator, you will work in the Wardrobe department coordinating and managing all wardrobe needs of the Professional and Recreational Divisions of the RWB School.
DUTIES OF THE ROLE
• Oversee school wardrobe production, ensuring costumes are ready for all performances and dress rehearsals
• Arrange and work various school events and shows as required
• Organize and attend fittings, marking, measuring and adjusting costumes as needed
• Maintain appropriate material and supply inventory, replenish as required
• Arrange, order, fit and alter costume purchases as required
• Utilize and apply sewing and cutting skills as required
• Provide input into costume design in conjunction with various teachers and school administration
• Maintain, manage and keep within budgets of own area of responsibility
• Estimate and assist in budget new creations as requested by management
• Manage warehouse wardrobe location as well as studio workshop areas
WHAT YOU BRING
• 5 years of experience working in an events based wardrobe department or equivalent working experience
• Strong planning skills
• Experience planning a budget
• Compliance with Safety and Health policies and procedures
• Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey messages in multiple forms
• Previous positive experience working and communicating with children of all ages from toddlers to young adults
Salary: $30,000 - $35,000
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in and qualified for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to Kara Neilson at by end of business day Tuesday August 28, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit www.rwb.org for more information about the Royal Winnipeg Ballet and to view a full description.