This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
Globe Theatre is looking for a full time seasonal Scenic Painter/Production Assistant, with a start date of September 25, 2017, to perform regular duties as a scenic painter, but also provide assistance to the carpentry shop and prop shop
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position works closely with the rest of the production staff and design team to achieve the visual aesthetic laid out in the show designs presented by the designer. In addition to painting duties for all Globe Theatre Productions, this role will provide extra support to the carpentry shop and theatrical prop shop on a as needed basis. In fulfilling this position’s core responsibilities, Globe Theatre expects the Scenic Painter/Production Assistant to:
• Have a thorough knowledge of paint techniques and products used in the world of theatre
• Be able to communicate effectively with designers to establish the designer’s desired aesthetic of the show being designed.
• Assist with set construction, props building and/or shopping as directed by the Technical Director
• Be responsible for the maintenance of the paint shop
• Be able to effectively communicate and correspond with Designers, Directors and Stage Managers
• Have strong time management skills and be able to work towards a deadline
• Have the ability and flexibility to work a variety of shifts including nights, weekends and Stat Holidays
• Attend all staff and production meetings and be a member of the Health & Safety Committee if required
• Adhere to all aspects of the Collective Agreement between Globe Theatre and I.A.T.S.E. Local 295.
The individual in this position must enjoy working collaboratively in addition to having superior interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. The Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a strong scenic painting skill and attention to detail. Additionally, a knowledge of basic skills in scenic carpentry and/or props would be an asset. Also, the possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
Interested individuals should email a letter of interest, resume and references to:
Sean Free, Technical Director
A portfolio of work may be requested at the time of the interview. Only those who are contacted for an interview will be considered.
This posting will close on September 15, 2017
Globe Theatre is a national centre of excellence in the production of theatre-in-the-round and in fostering the work of Saskatchewan artists.
The Globe Theatre Society is a Board run not-for-profit organization. With this structure, the Board of Directors hires the Artistic Director who provides the artistic expertise and vision to realize the mission of the Globe Theatre Society. The Globe Theatre receives federal, provincial and municipal grants and accepts corporate and private donations that are tax deductible. Revenue is also raised through ticket sales, theatre rental, fundraising projects and related ventures.
The Globe Theatre is one of Saskatchewan's largest employers in the field of the arts with a permanent staff of 18 administrative, technical and artistic employees. Throughout a season, the Globe employs more than 50 artists on a contract basis.The annual operating budget is $3.5 million.
To entertain, educate and engage Saskatchewan people in the art of professional theatre by offering high-quality performances to audiences, professional theatre training for artists, and classes for children as well as adults.
1.Embrace new ideas and new art practices
2.Open and inviting
5.Achieve the highest standards in art and business