This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Production
• The Carpenter reports directly to the Technical Director and Production Manager.
• Is responsible for the construction, installation and strike of all scenic elements.
• Maintains the highest standards of production quality.
• Assists the Technical Director in costing, budgeting and scheduling.
• Assists in creation of construction plans including material lists and cut lists.
• Maintains and balances shop budgets with the Technical Director.
• Orders, and as needed, shops for materials.
• Supervises all additional labour required for the completion of all scenery.
• Attends production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled.
• Organizes a safe scenic shop and maintains its supplies and equipment.
• Assists the Scenic Art and Properties departments as required.
• When time allows aid with WCT special events.
• Be a resource to other arts community members
• Minimum of 3 years professional experience as a scenic carpenter.
• Completion of a post-secondary program in Technical Theatre is an asset.
• Ability to interpret construction drawings.
• Able to work well independently, or as part of a team.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Experience with Vectorworks and associated software an asset.
• Certifications in First Aid, WHMIS and Fall Protection are an asset.
• Awareness of the environmental impact of shop processes.
• Able to climb ladders, work at heights, and lift heavy scenery.
• On occasion, train and/or lead a production assistant and/or volunteers.
• Have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record and be comfortable driving a large van a long distance.
Start Date: August 5, 2013
Term 37 week contract from August 2013 thru May 2014 - renewable.
To apply please send a cover letter, a current CV, and a list of three references.
Salary: Commensurate with experience PLUS BENEFITS
Salary: Please contact me.
Western Canada Theatre
P.O. Box 329
Kamloops, BC V2C 5K9
Western Canada Theatre is a professional theatre based in Kamloops BC playing in the 700 seat city-owned Sagebrush Theatre and WCT’s black box Pavilion Theatre. The coming season will consist of 5 mainstage shows (including 2 imports) and 4 second stage shows (including 3 imports). The centerpiece of the season is Les Miserables. Two of the season’s builds will tour across the country.