This is a Permanent, Full-time position.
Location: McCook, IL, USA
Position: Rigging Logistics Project Manager
Deadline: February 2, 2013
Posted: December 30, 2012
Job Description / Duties
Freeman Audio Visual Solutions is looking for an experienced Project Manager for Rigging Logistics who is responsible for the overall operational rigging logistics associated with producing events in order to improve efficiencies, control costs and provide a seamless flow of information between Sales and Event Operation, and Freeman Electric. Plans, assigns and manages all operational activities prior to, during and after each event.
- Provides technical advice and assists sales in the budgetary and developmental process of shows.
- Participates in site surveys as needed to ensure proper planning of events.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of operational activities for assigned events.
- Attends weekly operations/sales meetings & provides event information input.
- Prepares production work books, reviews equipment totals and prepares non-bar code item requests.
- Reviews equipment requirements to determine personnel and labor schedules.
- Determines staffing needs and ensures that all labor requirements are submitted to the proper departments and or labor sources.
- Supervises show site rigging operational functions to ensure they are performed in a timely and cost effective manner as assigned by supervisor.
- Communicates operational plans to show-site staff as required.
- Maintains daily contact with on-site staff documenting changes & updates as required.
- Works directly within R2 to ensure complete equipment coverage on shows.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordination of trucking arrangements.
- Develops production schedules, reviews CAD plans, and facility arrangements for events as required.
- Schedules and conducts pre and post-conference meetings.Conducts a post show meeting with the Account Executives to review all purchase orders, labor costs and equipment usage to ensure proper billing to the customer.
- Requests purchase orders and approves all invoices associated with each.
- Compiles and produces post show reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Now that you know what this position does, do you have the background to do the job?
Qualifications / Required Skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills required.
College degree (4 year program) or equivalent professional work experience.
Ready to MANAGE your next career move? It is time to submit your resume online.
Please apply at Freemanco.com under careers.
You can cut and paste this link is.gd/Im2Ta0 into your browser
<noscript>Bernadette.Walker [AT] freemanco.com</noscript>
Freeman is a leading provider of face-to-face marketing solutions, tradeshows, conventions, and event solutions.