This is a Permanent, Full-time position.Category: Education
The Resident Designer is engaged in decision-making and problem-solving activities as set and costume designer for Drama Studies faculty- and staff-directed theatre productions. Duties include provision of supporting design paperwork, such as costume thumbnails and renderings, costume lists and charts, white and painted models, and set ground plans and elevations. The RD serves as Wardrobe Supervisor and as Painting Supervisor. The RD is also responsible for mentoring students enrolled in Drama 4011 projects where the RD’s knowledge base coincides with the student’s topic of study. The RD also guides students engaged in theatre production activities for 1701, 2161, 3161, 2669, 3669 and 4669 course credit. The RD is required to meet the physical challenges of the job, including lifting and carrying of lumber, flats, risers, etc.
• A BFA in Theatre Design with 3-5 years of experience working in theatre or an MFA in Theatre Design, with a concentration in set and costume design.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical and aesthetic knowledge specific to set and costume design.
• Ability to be self-directed in their work.
• Ability to work closely with students and, in a spirit of collegiality, with the Director of
Drama Studies and associated personnel.
The Motyer-Fancy Theatre is the support theatre for our Drama Studies Program. This position is an 8 month continuing sessional position. The salary will be prorated to the 8 month term. This position has a comprehensive benefits package.
It is level 9 on the Mount Allison Staff Association(CUPE 3433) pay scale. Link to full info on the posting is in the contact information down below.
If you have any questions about the position and working at Mount Allison please feel free to contact me for information.
Paul Del Motte, Production Manager email@example.com
Salary: $46,545 to $53,129 Yearly prorated to 8 months
Mount Allison University
Sackville, New Brunswick
Canada E4L 1E4