This is a Temporary, Full-time position.Category: Production
Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet is currently seeking an RWB School Project Coordinator.
Title: School Project Coordinator
Location: RWB, Winnipeg MB
Reporting to: Director of Production
Status: Six (6) Month Term
Start Date: January 19, 2015 - June 07, 2015
The Royal Winnipeg Ballet is seeking a candidate to fill a full time contract position as our School Project Coordinator. As the School Project Coordinator you are responsible for the production and technical coordination of all School performances and events for the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School. In addition, the Project Coordinator will work to ensure a safe, professional performance and event experience in order to further the School’s mandate. The Project Coordinator works closely with artistic staff and students of the School, the production department and member of the senior management team
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as production manager, technical director and stage manager as required for all Professional and Recreational Division shows and event.
• Work with the First Steps Coordinator in training students in the production needs of the performance series.
• Edit and produce video and sound recordings of all materials needed by the faculty of the school for teaching, grant proposals, auditions and shows
• Resolve production issues as they arise in a manner that supports the mandate of the RWB School while being consistent with the RWB policies.
• Serve as the School audio/visual library resource contact in conjunction with the AV room staff, including monitoring the use of resources by students.
• Schedules and coordinates flow of work within or between departments.
• Gather resources and information needed for a successful show including but limited to renting truck(s), tents, portable lavatories, chairs etc., set up and tear down of stage, sound, lighting, seating etc.; and all supporting signage for all School performances.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Production or Director of School Operations.
The Technical Coordinator works in an office environment utilizing standard equipment associate with this position. This position requires travel to and from various venues, working flexible hours including evenings and weekends that will exceed 40 hours per week.
This position requires you to work in a proactive manner with shifting deadlines and priorities.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 02, 2015.
Only those selected for an interview shall be contacted.
Education and Qualifications:
• Two years’ experience in Stage Management and/or Production experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the application and use of Photoshop, Vectorworks, and Premiere are an asset.
• Experience working with Windows based applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, and Access).
• As a condition of employment with the RWB, Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check must be obtained as a condition of employment at the employees’ expense.
The ideal candidate will have some experience as a stage manager and or technician in a theatre or dance environment, have the ability to work independently, be comfortable working with and directing large crew, have excellent communication skills and be highly organized. The position requires a high degree of flexibility and the willingness to work with a team to accomplish a goal.